Note: This list will be ongoing--I'll add to it as I use LMMS more and more.
* [FEATURE 1] Select a track and be able to shift all notes up or down X number of octaves
* [FEATURE 2] Delete multiple bars/segments in one action
* [FEATURE 3] Copy multiple bars/segments in one action
* [FEATURE 4] Right click on a bar in Song Editor and export to wav (or FLAC)
* [FEATURE 5] Export every bar in a Song Editor track to wav (or FLAC)
* [FEATURE 6] Double click on a bar in Song Editor opens Piano Roll, but it would help if that bar was somehow highlighted so I can remember which bar I edited after I'm done in Piano Roll (especially when I have lots of bars--it's easy to lose track of where I was)
* [FEATURE 7] "mouseover" on a bar containing a name and the name shows immediately in a yellow or white tooltiptext. Give users a configuration option to enable/disable the feature
* [BUG 1] When I double click a bar, then move my cursor down to the piano roll, sometimes it's in Select Mode (the cursor is also a Select Mode cursor) even though Draw Mode is shown as selected in the piano roll menu. UPDATE 20130130: a workaround for this is to do shift+s then shift+d so you don't have to go up to the menu to click the Draw Mode button. This bug may be related to this bug or this bug.
* [BUG 2 (?)] Export to wav adds silence at the end of the export file. I want the export file to cut off precisely at the end of the last bar. Seems to be identical to this bug. (UPDATE 20130131: This seems to have been fixed in the stable branch!:
"Yes, the idea was to not cut reverbs, delays etc. There has been a commit
in master branch already which adds an option for exporting the project as
loop. I just backported this commit to the stable branch
(59732b05ed9641a85bfeba19531f78d7967dcee8). Have a lot of fun with it!"
* [FEATURE 1] Have a dedicated key to pause playback at the current position. Currently, spacebar (play/pause) sets the position to 0 (back to start). (UPDATE 20130326)
Compiling development version of LMMS on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
winebuild: /usr/bin/ld failed with status 1
winegcc: winebuild failed
make: *** [plugins/vst_base/RemoteVstPlugin] Error 2
make: *** [plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Linking CXX shared module libtripleoscillator.so
[ 34%] Built target tripleoscillator
make: *** [all] Error 2
/usr/include/librdf.h:31:21: fatal error: raptor2.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [CMakeFiles/lmms.dir/src/core/lv2_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make: *** [CMakeFiles/lmms.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
UPDATE 20130205: How to install LMMS 0.4.14-rc1 with VST support on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)