My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Saturday 6 July 2013

Rosegarden - how to get a grand staff view in notation editor, i.e. treble clef on top of a bass cleff

Anywhere I looked on the web for the answer to this question, everyone always points to this rosegarden documentation, but it doesn't give a clear answer there so I'm going to give you one :)

This is what you're looking for:


To get this, you start in the main view (Track Editor) by making a treble clef segment (track) and a bass clef segment:


As you can see, I've labeled them "treble" and "bass" and they look like this, when opened separately in the Notation editor view:




To get the grand staff view (screenshot 1, above), go to the main view (Track Editor: screenshot number 2, above) and select both tracks/segments (Control+a) and hit the "n" key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.