My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Book Review: Instant MuseScore

Packt Publishing asked me to review their new book Instant MuseScore.


Here's my review:
First off, if Nicolas Froment, MuseScore's CTO, was a reviewer for this book, then you know it's gotta be good :) He's helped me personally, several times, with getting started with MuseScore and knows what he's talking about.

I was pleased to see there's an installation section for Linux :)

One thing I can totally agree with the author on is learning the keyboard shortcuts--composing will go much faster.

If anyone is interested, a powerful, but more programmatic alternative to MuseScore is Lilypond.

Lilypond is a non-graphical, music notation software that uses its own notation (programming language), written in simple text files, then compiled to produce music notation in a PDF, MIDI and/or PNG file. Here's the Lilypond tutorial.


Here's my review of Instant MuseScore on amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.