My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Monday 2 February 2015

audacity keyboard shortcuts on mac for "transport > skip to start" and "transport > skip to end"

i was messing around in audacity on my mac and couldn't figure out the keyboard shortcut to move the cursor (in logic it's called "playhead position") to the start or end of the track. the Transport menu in audacity just shows diagonal-looking arrows pointing top left and bottom right:


i tried combining arrows with different function keys and found out that on mac you use the fn (function) key with the arrow keys:

skip to start (left arrow):
fn + <--

skip to start (right arrow):
fn + -->

then i found out you can also just use the letters j (track start) and k (track end)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.